In the River’s Edge neighborhood, The Foundry is located at 600 E. Michigan Avenue in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The 52,000-square-foot property is located at the corner of Harrison Street and East Michigan Avenue, where a new traffic signal was installed to ease access prior to the project’s completion.
An homage to the site’s use as a former grey iron foundry, the project’s name represents its history and former productivity as well as its capacity to be molded into a reimagined form with a variety of viable and exciting uses.
The project involved the demolition of most of the interior of a two-story, 6,000-square-foot brick building that dates back to 1907. Interior demolition work was also done on an attached 47,000-square-foot, one-level former steel fabricating plant that dates back to the 1950s. A 30,000-square-foot rear section of the building was also demolished.
The project is a departure from typical office space models and will soon include an on-site dining option to create a collaborative, campus-like feeling amongst its residents.
Of the four tenant suites, one has been fully finished and is occupied by CSM Group. Two tenant spaces on the south side of the building are current under construction and will be occupied by SalesPage and VML.
If you are interested in leasing the remaining available tenant space, please contact Fritz Brown with Treystar at (269) 329-1808.