Students and Recent Graduates
The CSM Group Internship Program offers paid field and office experiences for college sophomores, juniors, and seniors pursuing careers in civil engineering, construction management, and occupational health, safety, and environment, or related fields. We also have offered internships in business support functions, such as accounting, business development and marketing, information technology, and general office administration.
The practical experience our interns gain helps them better understand classroom theories and information, and how to apply them to real-world marketplace situations. Interns also benefit from valuable on-the-job training experience. To participate, you must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university.
We currently do not have any internship openings, but please continue to check back for new openings.
Monroe-Brown Internship Program
The Monroe-Brown Internship Program provides high-quality internships with hourly wages, valuable networking opportunities, and up to $3,000 in scholarship funding to all student participants. The program is open to:
- Kalamazoo College: incoming juniors, seniors, and graduate students
- Western Michigan University: incoming juniors, seniors, and graduate students
- Kalamazoo Valley Community College: incoming second-year students
- Davenport University (Kalamazoo Campus only): incoming juniors and seniors
- Michigan State University: incoming juniors, seniors, and graduate students who graduated from a Kalamazoo-area approved high school
- University of Michigan: incoming juniors, seniors, and graduate students who graduated from a Kalamazoo-area approved high school
CSM Group has participated in the Monroe-Brown Internship Program since its inception in 2007 and has given scholarships to nine individuals to date. Those individuals received hands-on learning experience necessary for successful careers. Furthermore, this program has been such a success that five students were hired by CSM Group as full-time employees post-graduation.
To learn more about the program and to apply, please visit the Monroe-Brown Foundation’s website.
We have selected our 2016 Monroe-Brown recipient. Please check back in January of 2017 to apply.
Calhoun Area Career Center students pose for a photo after touring the Stevens T. Mason project site in Lansing, Michigan.
Eric Kella (right), project director, talks to a student at Western Michigan University’s annual College of Engineering career fair.